Monday, July 2, 2012

They Still Do Get Usage...

 For one of my final art projects, I decided to portray the loneliness of payphones and contradict the New York Times statement above that payphones do in fact still get usage. In a time in which cell phones are permanently glued to our hands and ears, how useful are payphones? Of course, I cannot knock them in times of emergency, but I thought it would be interesting to juxtapose the payphone with the convenience and frequent use of the cellphone. I thus photographed unused payphones, placed in the foreground of the photo to capture its lone solitude and make it the ironic focus of the photo, as people walked by on their own phones and in their own worlds, completely oblivious to the payphone's presence.
[And, one a side note, it was just fun being a creeper with a camera for one afternoon]




No comments:

Post a Comment